Wednesday, March 28, 2007

A dream come true!

Last Sunday I did something that most people only get to dream about at 34 years old. I played in a football game. Most of us leave that behind in high school never to return. A very lucky few go on to play college. I am currently a student in Dublin Ireland. As such I participate in Irish American Football League team the Dublin City University Saints as a defensive guard. I also am the line coach for offense and defense.

In the beginning my ankles were (and to some extent still are) very angry with for attempting football after 15 years off. But through a little conditioning and a lot of ankle wrap I am able to play. There are a few other Americans on the team but most are Irish. We even have a Czech player, a German, a Scotsman and a Hollander. We are the UN of football!

No comments: